Prof. (Dr.) Chandrakant Kokate
About - Prof. (Dr.) Chandrakant Kokate
Prof Dr. Chandrakant Kokate is an eminent academician, researcher and an able administrator, who walked the corridors of Education in India leading excellence in higher education. During his career spanning over fifty years, Prof. Kokate has made outstanding and highly significant contributions in the arena of Education in India in general and in the field of Pharmaceutical sciences in Particular. Prof Kokate previously served as the Vice-Chancellor of Kakatiya University, Warangal, Telangana, Vice-Chancellor of KLE University, Belagavi, Karnataka, Vice-Chancellor (FAC) of Nagarjuna University, Guntur and President Pharmacy Council of India. He acted as Chairman of several expert panel committees, scientific advisory committees, Teams of PRT, NAC, NBA, Boards of AICTE and UGC. Prominent positions held by Prof Kokate among other positions were National President, Indian Pharmaceutical Association, Vice-President of Association of Indian Universities, President, Indian Society of Pharmacognosy. He extensively travelled across the globe visited 36 countries in pursuit of academic collaborations and presentation of research papers in international conferences. As a Pharmacist, he has several firsts to become the Vice-Chancellor of General and Health Universities in the country. At the invitation of Bundesanstalt Fuer Fett Forschung in Germany, he pursued Post-Doctoral Research. He is a recipient of several highly ranked national and international awards and Fellowships.
· B.Pharm - 1967, Nagpur University, (First Division)
· M.Pharm - 1969, University of Saugar, First in First (Awarded Gold Medal)
· Ph.D - 1972, (Pharm. Sci.) By Thesis.
· Post Doctoral Research at Bundesanstalt Fuer Fett Forschung, Germany.
· Visiting Scientist in Germany (1986) on invitation by DAAD.
· President, Pharmacy Council of India.
· Vice- President, Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
· President, 50th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress alongwith Federation of Asian Pharmaceutical Association (FAPA)
· Vice-Chancellor, Kakatiya University, Warangal, Telangana.
· Vice-Chancellor, KLE University, Belagavi, Karnataka.
· Vice-Chancellor (FAC), Nagarjuna University, Guntur, A.P.
· National President, Indian Pharmaceutical Association.
· President, Indian Society of Pharmacognosy.
· Executive Committee Member of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
· Chairman, All Indian Board of Pharmacy, AICTE.
· Chairman, Expert Committee for preparation of Guidelines for Fixed Dose Combinations constituted by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
· Member, Drugs Technical Advisory Board, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India
· Member, UGC Standing Committee for Projection of Indian Higher Education Abroad (PIHEAD), Review and Plan Grant Committees.
· Member, National Board of Accreditation of AICTE.
· Member, Task Force of Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
· Leader of Indian Delegation of Pharmacists, to 18thFederation of Asian Pharmaceutical Association (FAPA) at Sydney, Australia and International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) Conference at Bangkok.
· Member, National GATE- Committee of Ministry of HRD, Govt of India.
· Member, QRT Committee of Indian Council of Agricultural Research for M & AP.
· Served as the Member of Search Committee / Advisor for the selection of top-most senior national positions in pharmacy.
· Founder Member, SEAR-Forum (South East Asian Regional Forum) of WHO-FIP.
· Scientific Coordinator, EDUCON, SAKAAL Group, Pune.
· Chairman-Expert Panel Committee for approval of Fixed Dose Combinations, (FDC’s) Ministry of Health, Government of India.
· Chairman, Pharmacy Accreditation Committee of National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
· Chairman, Scientific Advisory Committee of National Institute of Traditional Medicine.
· Chairman, Expert committee of National Institute of Biologicals for skill development training programmes on Quality Management.
· Chairman, Expert Committee on Gelatin Capsules, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
· Member, National Scientific Advisory Group (SAG) of the Division of Basic Medical Sciences (BMS), Indian Council of Medical Research.
· Chairman/ Member of UGC Committees for Universities, UGC Nominee for Special Assistance Programs.
· Chairman, PEER TEAM of NAAC and NBA.
· Member, National Consultative Committee of Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission & Pharmacovigilance, Government of India.
· National Adviser, Society of Pharmacognosy.
· Academic Council / Senate member / Planning and Monitoring Board / Member of Board of Management of Seven Central, State and Deemed - Universities.
· Governing Council Member, Association of Indian Universities 2014-16.
· Nominated on the Court of Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore for 2014-17.
First Pharmacist in the country to become
· Vice – President, Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
· Vice-Chancellor of an Indian State University
· Vice-Chancellor of the Medical (Health) University
· Recipient of all Six National Awards given at Indian Pharmaceutical Congress.
· Chairman of the Regional Committee of AICTE - (SRC)
· Chairman of the Recruitment Board of RAC for DRDO Laboratories, Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India.
· Honorary Colonel Commandant, NCC, Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India.
· Honorary Fellow of Indian Society of Technical Education
National & International Awards and Fellowships: Total – 31
· Including Eminent Pharmacist Award of Indian Pharmaceutical Association, Prof. G.P. Shrivasta Award of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India, Prof. M.L. Schroff Award of Indian Hospital Pharmacists Association, Prof. M.L. Khorana Award of Indian Pharmaceutical Association, Shri. K.C. Chatterjee Award of Indian Pharmacy Graduates Association, Shri. B.V. Patel Award of B.V.Patel Trust; and Life Time Achievement Awards of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India; Indian Society of Pharmacognosy; Indian Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists & Technologists and International Society of Ethno pharmacology (Indian Chapter).
· Visited around 36Countries for Academic collaborations and Presentations at International Conferences.
· Delivered Seven Convocation Addresses of the Universities / Health Institutions.
· Guided 17 students for Ph.Dprogramme and 40 students for PG in Pharmacy.
· Authored Seven Books in Pharmacognosy / Pharmacy. One book is in 52ndEdition. Around three lakhscopies have been sold, so far.
· Published about 115research papers in National and International Journals.
· Examined so far, 70Ph.D. theses in Faculties of Medicine, Pharmacy, Science and Technology.
· Chaired 20Scientific sessions at International Conferences and around 50 National Meetings.
· Presented 50research papers at International Conferences and about 120papers at National Meetings.